Sunday, February 5, 2012

Weekly Quote: Saturday's Work

"Rick, I am now making my Tuesdays, my Saturdays."
-- Chuck Beinhauer, Attorney


This is a quote from a client. We had built their strategic plan and were working on ingraining the Leadership Matrix - the process to ensure the partners would be able to lead the firm and follow through and execute the ideas and solutions they needed to implement to move the firm forward.

Chuck was not grasping the Action Management concept. He was still stuck in old habits and was reluctant to block his calendar, shut his door and focus on Key Actions. He felt he should be working on billable stuff 100% of the time. So I asked him, "Do you come in on Saturdays"? He said, "of course". I asked him why and he said, "because it is quiet and I can focus and I get a lot accomplished."

Exactly. I then suggested that he shouldn't be working Saturdays and that
he now understood the power of focus and to begin to block an hour here and there, shut the door and focus on Key Actions that will ensure we reach our goals.

At our next meeting Chuck started it with the quote above.
(By the way when your seeking some peace of mind regarding yours or your parents Estates, these guys will deliver it - Phalzgraf, Beinhauer and Menzies, LLC.)

Here is a great 8 minute video from Steven Covey on Rocks and Pebbles.



Have comments to share on these weekly topics? Let me know what you think!

All the best,
Rick Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment