Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Create Your Own 2014 on Jan 1, 2015

"A good plan is like a road map: It shows the final destination and usually the best way to get there."
-- H. Stanley Judd, Writer

2014 in upon us. Do you have a plan to make this a great year? As Yogi Berra said, "If you don't know where you are going you might not get there."

Well I propose to you that he was wrong. I propose that it is better to sit down and think about the past. I know I have always said forget the past, you create your future by what you do today. I firmly believe that. But in this case I suggest that you can predict your future with more precision if you sit down and look at the "past" and record it.

So I have been using a great tool called the Destination Postcard. It is the best planning tool I have ever worked with and has provided outstanding Clarity for my clients as we built their 2014 plans.  

You simply sit down in a quiet room, pretend it is January 1, 2015, and write a postcard to yourself recounting the major accomplishments of 2014. Then what actions you took to achieve those accomplishments and the most important part --- why was 2014 such a great year for you? How do you feel? What is your day like now? How are things different in your life and your work? How did you pursue your core purpose your WHY?

Now you are creating your future by looking back on a created past. One you have created today.  

"Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs."
- Farrah Gray

Here is the template. Send me yours and I'll call you and spend a few minutes reviewing it with you.  

All the best, 
Rick Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment