Monday, November 26, 2012

A Man And His Dogs


  "The secret of business, especially these days, is to focus relentlessly on
your unfair advantage - the thing you do that others don't." 

- John Rollwagen, Executive

   

 "People who have a "job" will work for money, people who believe what you believe will give you their blood, sweat and tears."

 - Simon Sintek

What is your unfair advantage?

What the heck can Facebook do for me and my business?

How can having a passion for what I do and understanding my Why, my Core Purpose of being in business, help me grow my business?

Recently, I met a 57 year-old business owner, who has built and sold two other businesses, and then found the one that allows him to live his Core Purpose every hour of the day.

He has embraced social media as a tool to allow him to build a "tribe" of followers and a business that is thriving with recurring Ideal Customers and attracting new ones every month. This is just a tool he is using to communicate what he believes.

Meet J.J. Valone, owner of Pheasants On the Flats in Batavia, New York. Joe sent me an email after I visited the other day complete with photos of my friend and his dog. In that email Joe said:

"I am simply among the richest men in the world. The smiles and friendships are priceless!  I truly want to see the Flats always provide a "quality outdoor experience" for many years to come."

Another quote that day from him was:

"You have to remember the dog's name when they drive up. If you forget the person's name it is okay, as long as you remember their dog's name."

If you want to see how Facebook should really work take a look at his facebook page.  

Look at his website and you will see the same. It all oozes with his passion and his Core Purpose "to see people and their dogs enjoy the outdoors and each other."

Click on the About Us page and the Your Host. 

You can do this for your business - this can be your unfair advantage - find your Core Purpose and communicate it to your Ideal Customers and Prospects - build your own tribe by telling them what you believe. If they believe what you believe they will stay with you forever.

 
All the best,
Rick Wallace 

No comments:

Post a Comment