Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Don't Worry, Be (Happy) and Actionable

"It's so hard when contemplated in advance,
and so easy when you do it."
- Robert Pirsig

 
From Steve Chandler:

"A foolproof piece of advice for the chronic worrier: and I promise you this will work.  For the next two weeks, take immediate notice of every time you worry.   

When you catch yourself worrying --- take an action.  Any action, but make sure you take one. Do something. Anything. And remember, you must do something every time you worry.  This is a great way to train yourself not to worry. Especially if you hate being in action. 

The truth is not that I worry because I care.  The truth is, I worry because I am in the habit of worrying. If I really cared that much, I would stop worrying and take some action.  
 
I worry in order to do nothing.  Doing nothing about a problem soon becomes the problem.  I'm not taking any shots at this thing, and, like Wayne Gretsky said, you miss one hundred percent of the shots you don't take."

No comments:

Post a Comment