Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Stand Up and Thrive

About 3 months ago I made the decision to stand up. Yes sitting at a computer all day conducting coaching sessions, researching, writing -- it was all just too much. I was hunched over, bad posture, little calorie burn. It is just not healthy. More and more research is being done on it and even the new Apple watch has a feature to remind you to stand up every 30 minutes.

So I pulled the trigger and bought and ERGOTRON stand up, sit down desk attachment. It costs about $300 sits and attaches easily to your present desk. Holds one or two monitors, your keyboard and mouse.

With one finger I can lift it to stand or push it down and sit. It took me about 15 minutes to set it up and off I went. I thought I would have to make myself stand up but in fact I have to make myself sit down. I love it and I feel better, more energized and people can actually tell me when I am on the phone if I'm sitting down or standing up just by the tone and energy in my voice.

I highly recommend this for anyone that spends time at their desk on the computer. It makes a big difference in the way you work, the way you feel and the energy you exhibit as you work. After you try it out, get one for all your team.
 

Sits right on your desk.


No comments:

Post a Comment