Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Power of A Routine

"It has been my observation that most people get ahead
during the time that others waste time."
-- Henry Ford, Ford Motor Company Founder

The following is from Steve Chandler but it reinforces everything I work with my clients on. The processes and habits that turn a company from one that is under performing and unable to execute, to one that follows up and executes - takes action and stays with that action until it is ingrained.  More Time, More Money and a Better Team.

"The clients I coach sometimes tell me that they have had a bad week or a bad month because they were "down" or discouraged or burned out.  

They want to know how to change their attitude or mindset.  

But attitude is not what's missing.  

What's missing, (when bad weeks or months occur) is a routine.     

The beauty of a ROUTINE, a practice, a committed amount of time I devote to something no matter what is that it does NOT rely on enthusiasm or "feeling like" doing it or the spirit moving me.

The routine of building a small business through conversations with clients is simple and it works. The only problem people have is with stopping. They do it for a little while and then get distracted.  

If you want your practice (or any venture) to grow, design a routine. Then follow it. Don't stop because of a feeling. Don't stop for anything.

Like my colleague Dusan Djukich says, if you want to succeed, stop stopping."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment