Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Self Limiting Beliefs

"A man is what he believes."
- Anton Chekov
Self-limiting beliefs are powerful detriments to success. Beliefs are held by most people as being truths or facts and they are not. These things we have
learned over time and have been hammered into our subconscious mind must be challenged and questioned before we can really find the courage and commitment to reach our true level of success.
Case in point: 
Roger Bannister was the first person to break the "4 minute mile". No one thought it could be done, the human body was not made to do it. Yet when he finally did it, within only 6 months, 45 others runners quickly followed. They believed it was possible and did what before they believed was impossible.

Myths, Self-limiting beliefs common among business owners:
  1. I don't need goals, vision or core values to lead a company.
  2. I can't find or afford good people.
  3. I need to be a better manager of people.
  4. I need to have an open door, answer questions and put out fires.
  5. Labor is my biggest expense.
  6. I only need to recruit when I need someone.
  7. I just need to get my name out there.
  8. Marketing is an expense.
  9. I'm too busy to work on the business.
  10. I don't have the time to follow-up and ensure we execute.
And many more.......

No comments:

Post a Comment