Tuesday, February 16, 2016

What is Your Score?

"If I want something you have never had .... 
I have to do something you've never done." 
-Joe Sabah

We all like to keep score regardless of what it is we are doing. Recently I was taking stock of my coaching practice, "opening the box" so to speak, and thinking about every client I am engaged with today. Many of them have been clients for several years and I was taking stock or mentally scoring where they are against the perfect implementation of The Leadership Matrix (a proven 9 step process that I keep refining that has proven time and again to build a great company). A great company to me is a place where the business is working for the owner - executing - and not relying on the owner to work. That provides the owner More Time, More Money and a Better TEAM (my promise).

I thought "how can I communicate this mental snapshot of their current position on the path toward a great business that executes on all levels?"

The answer:  have them score themselves. I created a 20 question scorecard and then in coaching sessions we completed the survey together. It quickly showed the key areas where they had executed the processes and areas where they needed to focus and get better. It turned out to be a great tool to identify priorities, getting agreement and commitment on following up and executing them.

I was thinking today why not put one together for every business owner out there? If you are curious about what your score would be then take 5 minutes and take this survey. The perfect score is only 40. 

Put the number "1" as your mark in the square you think best reflects you and your company. See what your score is. If you have a company that works for you (doesn't rely on you to work), that executes with little chaos and stress, is made up of people that are accountable for results not for being busy, makes 10% or more on the bottom line and you never worry about cash flow, then your score should be close to 40.



What's your score? Email me your score so I can build a database and, if you like, I will be happy to discuss the criteria I used and why you scored what you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment