Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pay Attention

From Steve Chandler:

This I mean to remember: whatever I pay attention to grows. 

That's why they call it "paying" attention, it operates like a money investment. 

If I pay into a certain stock, by investing in that stock more each month, my holdings grow.

If I pay attention to my worries, they grow. I become more worried. 

If I pay attention to my opportunities, they grow. I see more and more and bigger opportunities, because that's what attention does. It grows things. So, if I want more of something (anything) I need to pay more attention into it.

The only thing that would throw me off the road to success is this:  Distraction.

Being distracted all day.....all those things that clamor for my attention! They want my attention....so I don't really pay much of my attention during the day to my major Want in life...why? My attention was called away by other things.  

So the final determination of my success is this: does my attention get called away from me?

Or am I the one directing it?

In the end, that's what decides whether a large success in any area will occur. Who's in charge of my attention?

Another way of seeing this: 

 "The law of your mind is no respecter of persons. The law indicates that what you think, you create. What you feel, you attract. And what you imagine, you become."
- Joseph Murphy
 AND THIS:

 "When I open my eyes in the morning I am not confronted by a world, but by a million possible worlds."
- Colin Wilson

All the best,
Rick Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment