Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Say Yes to No

 "You have to decide what your highest priorities are, and have the courage - pleasantly, smilingly, non-apologetically - to say NO to other things. And the way to do that is by having a bigger YES burning inside."
- Stephen Covey
 
From Steve Chandler:

If I am traveling on a plane to New York today, and I must be at the airport early, it is no problem saying NO when people request my time. Why aren't my own personally chosen priorities my Rocks --- my burning YESes that I declare and write down in the morning --- as strong a reason to say NO?

"Saying No is uncomfortable for a few minutes or an hour, but saying YES can be uncomfortable for weeks, months and even years"
                                    - Greg McKeown, author of Essentialism

In short guys, the only way to reduce the stress and truly follow your path to success is by saying no to things that are not essential and committing to focus on the things that are.

No comments:

Post a Comment