Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Lies That Hold You Back

Step #1 To Build a Great Business

Beliefs are not all facts/truths - and there are many about business that are simply lies and they are holding you back.




"What everyone knows to be true often turns out to be wrong."
- Jim Rogers, Investor

Which of the following can you identify as beliefs you hold as true today? Circle them:

To have a great business you must:
  • Have an Annual Forecast
  • Develop an Annual Expense Budget
  • To Increase Profits - the only way is Cut Expenses and/or Raise Prices
  • Manage our People better
  • Answer questions with an open door
  • We are a Family, I'm responsible for a stable, affordable team
  • Recruit only when I need someone
  • Staff meetings are the only way to ensure executing ideas and solutions
  • I can't find good people
  • I can't afford to pay for great people
  • Focus on avoiding taxes
  • Survive, do a little better, use your experience to set expectations 
  • Goals, values, vision etc. are all soft stuff that my people don't care about
  • Marketing doesn't work or at least I don't know if it does
  • I just need to get my "name out there" more
  • Planning - no time and it is of little value
  • Putting out fires and answering questions is all I have time for
 
These beliefs are common knowledge, right? Wrong. They hold you back - I see it every day. In this series of blog posts we will dispel each one and offer a proven best practice to replace them with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment