Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Profit, Planning, Process and People

"Our research shows that 85% of all businesses
never execute their plans."
- Harvard Business School

"At most companies, people spend 2 percent of their time recruiting and 75 percent managing their recruiting mistakes." 
- Richard Fairbanks, CEO of Capital One

"Up to 87.7 percent of America's workforce is not able to contribute to their full potential because they don't have passion for their work." 
- Deloitte Center for the Edge

I could have used 20 quotes I have socked away for this post but these 3 seemed to get across the message the best.

I just got back from speaking to about 80 industrial distributors in Las Vegas last week. Jennifer Murphy the President of Net Plus Alliance, a buying group located in Lockport, NY, asked me to speak on the subject of planning. Net Plus has a membership of about 320 industrial distributors and about 100 manufacturers from all over the US.

Jennifer has been a client for a couple of years now and she and her team have taken my process (borrowed from many highly respected business advisors) The Leadership Matrix and embraced it like no other client I have. She knows that planning is not enough - the biggest problem in business is lack of execution of the plans we build.

Thus I sat down, and knowing I only had 30 minutes to present, put together a presentation that covered the most powerful truths I have learned over the last few years working with small business owners. It is called "Profit, Planning, Process and People". (Another title could be "Labor Should Be An Investment Not an Expense".

I recorded it and if you are interested in watching and learning how to execute and leverage your biggest expense (Labor) to increase your profits click one of the options below:



Regards,

Rick Wallace
  

No comments:

Post a Comment