Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Stuck? Take Action

"Action is Magic. Thinking about it is fatal. "
- Rick Wallace

I had a client that had committed to draft a plan or punch list to address a big issue in her company. In our mastermind group we had taken a whole session discussing and helping her with this struggle she was having. She committed to having a plan together to share with the group at the next call.
The day before she sent us an email in which she opened with the following message:
"Honestly ladies, I am just plain stuck.  I sit down to outline a plan and stare at a blank word document with "My Plan" at the top and the rest of the page is blank.  I just don't know where to start.  So here is what I have done about being stuck."
Then she proceeded to outline 10 things she had done to address this issue. She ended it with:
"All of that said, I don't have a plan to discuss/present to you this week as promised."
So I sent her an email :
"Action is magic, thinking about it is fatal. I think you have underestimated what you have accomplished. You did what we all need to do when we get stuck - you took action. ACTION melts away the fear. ACTION is much better than inaction - either one is a decision, but ACTION will get the results you want instead of letting things evolve on their own. Just keep taking action - step by step - as (another member of the group) says, "Knowing what to do is not enough" and I always add "Doing is all that matters". Good work.
"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy."
- Dale Carnegie, Author
She sent me a response the next day with this picture of the sign she posted in her office:


Regards,
Rick 

No comments:

Post a Comment